📱 Install Apps From Trusted Sources
Installing apps from anything but the official sources opens you up to risk that the apps have been tempered with and potentially have malware in them.
What you should do
1. Disable Unknown Apps
On 🤖 ANDROID:
- Go to Settings
- Search for "unknown apps" or "unknown sources"
- If it's just a simple “Unknown Sources” toggle, make sure that it's turned off
- If you see, "Install unknown apps" tap that
- Now make sure all sources are set to "not allow"
On 🍏 iOS, you are already set.
2. Only Install Apps from the Official Store
You've now make it impossible to accidentally install an app from anything but the official store. However, remain vigilant for offers of "free" apps that need to be installed outside of the official app store - you should not trust these sources.